The last village in the Chamonix valley, Vallorcine is a peaceful mountain village. Hidden behind the col des Montets, at the foot of the Aiguilles Rouges, La vallée des Ours (the valley of bears) has retained all the charm of a traditional mountain village while developing its various tourist attractions. Vallorcine is made up of several hamlets on the foothills of the surrounding mountains stretching to the Swiss border. Here, the mountains never cease to inspire your curiosity and sense of adventure. In winter, we are proud to offer a various selection of alpine sports including all forms of skiing from off-piste to cross country, tobogganing, dog sledding , snowshoe hikes etc.
Bordering with the Aiguilles Rouges and Vallon de Bérard nature reserves and surrounded by countless forests, lovers of the great outdoors are spoilt by the beauty of Vallorcine. Partake in various activities including hiking, mountain biking, climbing/bouldering, fishing or even just a pleasant stroll in the mountains.
Awarded with a National Heritage status, Vallorcine still has the feel of a traditional mountain village, unspoilt by the demands of modern tourism.
The Tourist Information Office of Vallorcine is at your service....
You will find:
- Leaflets for all the activities proposed in the Chamonix valley.
- Brochures for resorts in the Pays du Mont-Blanc area and also for our Swiss and Italian neighbours.
- Information on local entertainment.
- Daily local weather forecasts.
- Maps for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and mountain biking.
- Documents concerning the local heritage.
- Free Wifi Access limited to 1 hour.
Also on sale:
- Fishing licence
- Carte Neige insurance
- Maps of the Chamonix valley