Special information for summer season 2020 :
The libraries are reopening from June 8th!
Please respect some rules when coming:
- Wearing a mask is compulsory when over 11 years old.
- Number of people present in the library limited to 6.
- The library will closed 15 minutes early in order to desinfect and clen properly the premises.
- As the number of person is limited, no reading permitted on site.
You can still continue to book your documents online and withdraw them at the library at our opening hours.
Free access for all: inhabitants and tourists. You want to escape within novels or comics? Surf on the Internet? Come and enjoy the library in Vallorcine !
DescriptionThe library of Vallorcine is free of access and has over 4000 books. You can also reserve books from the different library of the valley all year round.
There, you'll find:
- Local books about the history of the valley and the region but also books from local authors.
- Publications about the history of Vallorcine and the Walser colonisation.
- Books about religion, philosophy, health, sports, sciences, art...
- Large font books.
- Books in foreign languages.
- Children books
Good to know• until 15 pers.
Reduced price: 14 € (65+ years old, job seeker, students, disabled persons and minors, on presentation of proof.)
Season pass for adult: 28 €.
Same subscription for all the libraries of the valley.
Temporary card (valid 3 weeks): €7
Free of charge for children living or going to school in the valley of Chamonix.
From 01/01 to 31/12
Opening hours on Monday and Wednesday between 2.45 pm and 6.45 pm. On Thursday and Saturday between 8.45 am and 11.45 am. On Friday between 1.45 pm and 4.45 pm.
Closed Tuesday and Sunday.
Closed exceptionally on January 1st, Easter Monday, Feast of the Ascension, Whit Monday, May 1st, May 8th, July 14th, August 15th, November 1st, November 11th and December 25th.