The great spectacle !
You enter the Valley and your gaze is immediately attracted to Mont Blanc, the 4,810 metres high top of Europe, the third most visited natural site in the world. Every year, this legendary mountain attracts millions of visitors and thousands of mountaineers.
You look around and the Aiguilles de Chamonix are shining in front of you - rock in the pure, raw state.
Then you see the glaciers, those giants of ice that have always inspired, astonished and fascinated people.
You are in the heart of the Mont Blanc area!
Good to know
- Discover our Mont Blanc mini-site!
- Mount Dolent (3823 m) is the peak common to France, Switzerland and Italy and you can see it clearly from the Grands Montets peak.
- Tour of the Mont Blanc: Trek of 170 km and seven to ten days of walking
- The Mont Blanc range extends over 400 km² and three countries: France, Italy and Switzerland
- 24 mountain peaks at more than 4000 m in the Mont Blanc range
- The third most frequented natural site in the world
- Jacques Balmat and Doctor Paccard first climbed Mont Blanc on 8 August 1786